Sunday, October 9, 2011

sleep deprived thoughts from the plane

#ibmcsc
#india13
Flicking through the in flight entertainment, I watched 2 episodes of “Go back to where you come from” before flicking to “Kourtney & Kim take New York”. “Go back to where you come from” is a documentary which follows the path of a refugee from origin through to integration into Australian society. “Kourtney & Kim take New York” is a couple of spoilt brats whose biggest problem is if their lipstick matched their dresses. The contrast between the 2 shows highlighted the differences in people’s perspective & priorities as they lead very different lives, and so they should - a person’s perspective is shaped by their experiences. I think we are so desensitised by the media and so over-bombarded with information that we don’t absorb anything unless we seek for it ourselves. In regards to basic humanitarian issues, I know it is all around me, but I seem to not notice it until I look for it myself. The CSC program has made me want to look, and now that I am looking, it’s all around me. It is very much real, and it is very much overwhelming. Hello Jaipur, I can’t wait for the next month, and everything it will entail.

No comments:

Post a Comment